Name of process owner: administrative v/dean (in-service training coordinator)
Contact person: GIRMA DAGNEW
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The college gives relevant course and activities in which as serving teacher may participate to upgrade his professional knowledge’s ,skills and competence in the teaching profession. Therefore, it encompasses all forms of education and training to a teacher who is already on the job of teaching and learning.
The mission of Gondar college Administrative v/dean is achieve high quality education research and community service.
The vision of Gondar college Administrative v/dean is to become one of the first college to give quality education
- Quality education
- Academic discourse
- Democratic culture
- Social responsibility
Tasks Of Administrative v/dean
- Coordinate all training given in the college
- Leading summer courses
- Facilitating techniques of in-service training such as:- seminar, work shop, panal, discussion and symposium
- Coordinate extension education program.
- Coordinate research unit to conduct , research process in the college specially in the teaching learning process.
The Administrative v/dean has 3 sections
- College school link coordination unit
Tasks of school link coordinator.
- Conduct needs assessment in the linkage school for training
- Prepare detailed plan with linkage schools and woreda education office.
- Assign resource persons for training primary school teachers.
- Prepare training manuals in all training areas
- Provide training to all linkage schools.
- Provide material resources to linkage schools
- Conduct research and use it as an input for sustainability
- Organize experiences program for linkage schools.
- In the 17 school link member schools organize model classroom and support educational material resources like computer, printer….etc…
- Conduct action research in all linkage schools and support by trainings, advisors, materials and organize and arrange symposium.
- Appreciate , give reward and certification for researchers.
- Organize support and upgrade the select model school.
- HDP coordination
The HDP enable teacher educator:-
- Identify their needs and become a professional, reflective teacher and demonstrating high standard of professional ethics.
- Develops teaching skills, based on sound theoretical knowledge and experience.
- To be role model and good practitioner and contribute to institutional and community development
- Provide high quality learning experience for teacher educator
- Involved in action research, collaborative learning and teamwork.
- Address gender issues and social inclusion.
- Up grading trainees
Tasks of up grading trainees coordinator
- prepare extension education program ,invigilators program and prepare exam class room arrangement
- Preparing extension work contract ,and payroll for the given stakeholders
- Deciding add and drop extension program ,for the given stakeholders
- Prepare distance education time table, exam program, invigilators program and prepare exam class room (based on per time contract)
- Preparing distance work contact, and payroll for the given stakeholder
- Following up and giving support to the teaching learning process in a daily basis.