Name: Ambachew Mulualem Kindie
Phone No: +251918-77-79-13
E-mail address: email@example.com
The department is among the six departments in Gondar College of Teachers Education. It is a pioneer in producing professionally qualified teachers of primaryschools. The departmentis offering training in Special Needs& Early Childhood Care &education (ECCE) program.
It is working different activities to support the education system achieve its goals by preparing highly qualified professionals in the fields of Education. The number of instructors in the department is twenty five at the moment. There are three female instructors.
- Mission of the Department
The department has the following mission:-
- Trains would be teachers in the field and make them professionals.
- Prepares innovative teachers for primary schools.
- Conducts researches to solve educational problems in schools.
- Provides community services where and when necessary.
- To produce qualified professionals in special needs education.
- Develop professionally competent teachers at the preschool level who have the desired academic knowledge, professional skills, citizenship attitudes, and ethical values.
- Support the present revised preschool curriculum and the values and goals put forward in the curriculum frame work for the Ethiopian education(KG- Grade 12).
- Department Organizational Structure
Units of the department: – Special Needs Education
– Early Childhood Care & Education(ECCE)
– Instructional Resource Center (IRC)
Department Entry Requirements
The Ministry of Education (MOE) determines the admission of regular students into the various diploma programs of all the higher learning Institutions. The main admission requirement is College Entrance Examination or other recognized external examinations.
The enquiries regarding first year regular admission must be directed to the Amhara Regional Education Bureau.
Clubs under the department: – Special Need
– Life Skill
– Teaching Profession